LAZARUS LYNCH: Theultimate in comfort food.

Mexican.

I love the richnessof a chocolaty mole.

If there's one thingI'm craving at 2:00 AM on a Friday night it's tacos.

LAZARUS LYNCH:Sunset Park Brooklyn, mecca of Mexican food.

If there's one thing people arelining up for all year round it's al pastor fromTacos El Bronco.

Chef Samuel, he's the masterof the tacos al pastor, and he's going to show mehis secrets and his tips for making the besttacos El Pastor.

LAZARUS LYNCH: Brought toMexico by Lebanese settlers hungry for a taste ofhome, al pastor has evolved from a comfort food import toan American street food success story.

Tell me, when you walkon the streets of Mexico do you see these spits ofpork happening all around you, and tacos everywhere? Yes, that's almost a symbolof the Mexican cuisine.

If you could show me, chef,how we assemble the spit.

El trumpo.

El trumpo.

[music playing] So, after we assemble thiswhole thing, where does it go? Wow, it smellsincredible in here.

This is just glorious.

I am ready for ataco experience.

So you're wetting the tortillas.

A little bit of oil.

You hear that sound? That's the sound of love.

LAZARUS LYNCH: So tortillas,they cook on one side a couple of minutesthen you flip it.

Chef Samuel, what are youlooking for with this pork? How do we know it's ready? I'm ready for a taco.

Look at Chef Samuelcut that like a pro.

None is even falling in my hand.

Not even if I try-- Oh! Like a boss.

We're going to garnish this.

CHEF SAMUEL: Onions, cilantro.

LAZARUS LYNCH: Somecucumber on the side.

CHEF SAMUEL: Limon.

Yeah.

OK, all right, Iwant to take a bite.

Enjoy.

Cheers to tacos.

Salud! Bueno? Bueno.

Do I want a beer.

Oh Yeah.

LAZARUS LYNCH: This is foodthat makes sense to me.

It's food that I just feelis really traditional, and it says comfort out loud.

That meat is slicedso thin that it almost melts in your mouth.

And I just love that I can tastethe smokiness of all the things we used to marinate it.

And I also taste the cloves.

This is heaven.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Kitchen © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger Shared by Themes24x7
Top