Previouslyon Kitchen Nightmares.

Right now, I feel likeI'm in a mental asylum.

Chef Ramsay went head-to-head I've never had a piece of meatcome back in here in ten years.

Mill StreetBistro's Joe Nagy preached farm-to-table.

Our food is the best,by far.

No one's ever done this.

But ChefRamsay quickly found out it was anything but.

Uhh! The fishis freezer-burned.

The food is overpricedfor the neighborhood.

$35?.

Pretentious.

<i>Mon cherie.

</i>.

And simply disgusting.

It's gross.

To make matters worse, Joe livesin a fantasy world.

I would put this restaurantup against anyone.

And everybodyknows it except him.

This is nota fine dining restaurant.

Who do you thinkyou're talking to? This is the finestof the finest.

When Chef Ramsay pointedout Mill Street's issues.

You're not a chef.

Stop pretending to be one.

Joe fought him on every point.

You're talking bullshit now.

He remained defiant.

Defensive,ignorant.

If I'm all that,you're my twin.

And took greatpride in deflecting everything.

You're busting my balls.

Because you'rein fucking denial.

At the startof dinner service.

He does not knowwhat I know.

Chef Ramsay observed how dysfunctional Joe wasin the kitchen.

Leave the kitchen.

Go on the other side.

Go, go, go, go.

Soon after, there wereseveral customer complaints.

This doesn't taste good.

But Joe stood his ground.

I think she would've gotit if she got a bite on rosemary.

They didn't mention anythingabout rosemary.

Come on.

And while ChefRamsay was relentless.

Lady ordered ravioli.

There's, like, a rock in there.

Joe simply refusedto acknowledge his mistakes.

That doesn't happen here.

Head chef, my ass.

And after witnessing asteady stream of food being returned.

All right, what elsecan we fuck up here?.

Chef Ramsay decided itwas time to do a little investigating.

Frozen blue cheese.

Frozen shrimp.

Farm-to-table, it's not.

Then, with clear evidence that Joe was lyingabout the quality and freshness of his food.

I get upsetwhen I see fakery.

We have fresh stuff, okay?.

Chef Ramsay triedonce again to get through to him.

You're making up stories.

I'm-- I'm notmaking up stories.

<i>Yes, you are.

</i> But Joe blew him off.

I'm not hereto show an idiot you can't put fucking raw onionsin an onion soup! - We could talk about it.

<i>- Yeah.

</i> Some other time.

We're busy.

Which left ChefRamsay completely frustrated, with one thingleft to say.

Joe, you want me out of here,I'm gonna leave.

Oh.

What is that? You're serving rotten food.

- You could possibly kill them.

- Then wake up! You wake up! - Shut the place down.

- Get out of here! <i>That is amazing.

</i> I can't take any more.

Thank you, Chef.

Sync and corrections by n17t01www.

Addic7ed.

Com And now the dramaticconclusion of Mill Street Bistro.

I'm struggling here to stayin this building right now.

I swear to God.

Gordon, I gotta cookright now.

Now isn't a good time?I wish you would.

Joe, I need a regularFrench onion soup.

Onion soup.

All right,the onion soup's ready.

Are they raw onionsin there? What's that? Did you putraw onions in there? Why are we doing thisto each other? Is this a wind-up?Look at me.

You're puttingraw onions in a soup.

I don't knowif you're just fucking around.

I'm-- I'm-- I'm lost, Joe.

Why are you doing this? You said earlier thatit needed more onions.

We responded by puttingthe onions in there, so they had moreof a bite to it.

It's raw.

What's the matter with you? If we send that out, thatis gonna come straight back.

What do you wantto hear? That I-- Take it off, Joe.

- Take the menu-- off the menu?- 86 it! Save whatever little reputationyou've got left! Man! Surely you've gota bit more respect than that! I'm trying to reasonwith you, Joe.

- I get it!<i>- Fine!</i> - I get it!- Fine! But I am not hereto show an idiot <i>you can't put raw onions</i><i>in an onion soup!</i> <i>I can't teach you that!</i> That's called common sense, that in your tiny mind,is not common! Come here, you! Should we put raw onionsin a caramelized onion soup!? Tell him! - No.

<i>- Thank you!</i> You've got talented staffto tell you that! Ask your chef! <i>It's like you'redoing it to me on purpose.

</i> <i>Joe!</i> Do you want me out of here?Tell me the truth.

If you want me out of here,I'm gonna leave.

I don't want youout of here.

So why are you fuckingaround like this? I'm not fucking aroundlike that.

- If you want to battle, okay.

- No, no, no.

When I told you, gave youconstructive criticism, you got incredibly upset,and you wanted a band-aid.

You need surgery.

Everything I said today,you went up against.

Well, you said it in a way <i>that anybody</i><i>would challenge you.

</i> What? The way you said it.

You're a dictator, Joe.

Your staff can't talk to you.

<i>There's not one person</i><i>in this building that you pay</i> that'll ever criticize you <i>'cause you'll</i><i>cut them down big-time.

</i> You're awesome.

Oh, Joe.

Do you usuallygo to restaurants and rip 'em apartlike that? That's what'spissing me off.

Joe, it's not working.

You've built up this level of fucking fine diningpretentiousness that is not bitingwith the locals.

You're so far removedof what a bistro should be.

Okay, so you don'twant to hear what our elk sales are and how many people come backfor it and everything else.

You can't-- See, there you go.

No, yeah,but have you tried-- the elk-- the elkwas inedible.

Inedible.

But it's not justthe elk, though, Joe.

Do you understand? I've got bigger and more important thingsto focus on than elk.

I've got to start offat the bottom, and right now,you won't listen, and that's what's makingmy life a fucking nightmare.

But the way, I mean, you satthere and you went off about everyfucking thing in there.

- You're being defensive.

In front of everybody.

No, I wasn't defensive.

- I was respectful to you until youwent off on it.

- You were not.

- I'm here to help you.

- Then fucking help me.

Well, then stop beingin fucking denial.

You're so tight and sobound up with the ambition, you're not seeing the realityor the heart of the problem.

I agr-- I agreewith that statement.

That statement,I agree with, <i>that I am so bound up</i><i>that I'm not seeing.

</i> I agree with that,but don't tell me that I'm not doing itbecause I'm fucking lazy.

<i>I want people</i><i>to come in here and say,</i> "man, Joe, you're reallydoing something.

" Good, but it's notworking currently, Joe.

Right.

I agree.

But you're not tellingyourself enough of it because your staff arefucking scared to tell you.

I am telling myself it,but we're in this group.

<i>I got blinders on,</i> but I do wantto make it better.

I want this restaurantto be a quality restaurant <i>for everybody.

</i> Not just Joe Nagy.

For these people in herethat stuck with me and did put upwith my personality.

That's whatI'm asking you, man.

Help me.

I'm asking.

That's the most sincereand the most honest I've heardsince I've been here in all fucking day.

Tomorrow, we start a fresh day.

I've been wantingto do that, Chef.

We'll draw a linein the sand.

Let's draw a linein the sand.

- Good night.

- Good night.

Coming up.

I'm scared.

Joe stillremains a little slippery.

- Is this BS?- No.

And later.

Can I interject something? Chef Ramsayreaches a boiling point.

- Wake up!- You wake up! Get ready for one of themost intense confrontations ever.

Are you that stupid!?.

On <i>Kitchen Nightmares.

</i> Come in hereand help me instead of runningyour jaw! With Joe finallyadmitting to Chef Ramsay that he has lost sightof some of the problems.

Take a seat.

I want youto watch something.

Chef Ramsaybegins the day with a plan to show this ownersome of the issues he doesn't even realizehe has.

<i>Tough day yesterday.

</i> That was a--uh, a hard one.

Yep.

And I wanted to talkto you guys <i>without Joe around</i><i>because I need to hear</i> <i>the good, the bad,</i><i>the ugly,</i> and I'm not talkingabout skinny the goat.

Yeah.

All right,who's gonna start? There's no formalities here.

This is wide open.

You shouldn't bescared of Joe 'cause I've got your back.

<i>Help me.

</i> Amy.

I think Joe is at faultfor the lack of business <i>because of the way</i> he berates the staffin front of the customers.

Uh, it turns people off <i>- and turns people away.

</i><i>- Yeah.

</i> He needs to controlhis temper.

He was cussing at me righthere, in front of the door and then dragged meinto the kitchen and started screaming at meeven louder, so I might as well have beensitting right out here.

And, I mean, everybodywitnessed it, and my tablewas so disgusted, they just wantedtheir check to leave.

And they left me a note.

You know, telling me to keepmy chin up and that I dida great job and everythingI was supposed to do, and I left that noteto Joe, and he would tell me, "don't let thatget to your head when people tell youyou're doing great 'cause there's alwaysmistakes being made.

" It was to the point where I ended up having to gointo the back because I started crying,and I didn't-- you know, I just didn't want to be,like, I don't know.

I mean, we have Joeconstantly saying, "well,you're doing this wrong, you're doing this wrong.

" <i>We all get flustered</i><i>and, you know--</i> and I--I let it get to me.

Yeah.

<i>Kaleigh, that's terrible.

</i> It is.

<i>Moving forward,</i> why does he thinkhis food is good? That's my main thing, 'cause there's been stuffthat's been questionable, and he's like,"oh, that's-- that's okay.

" You know, "that's okay.

We can serve that.

" And I justwanted to say, "no, we can't serve that.

" But in his mind,it's okay.

How do you rate the food,out of ten? Two, being generous.

He loves to hear the praise,but he will certainly go up against anybody that has anythingnegative to say.

The guy that was sittingthere, across from you, while youwere having lunch, he said he wouldsend it back, but he doesn't want tolisten to Joe yell at him.

<i>If they seeJoe's vehicle outside,</i> they'll go somewhere else because they don't want to bebothered at their table.

He'll talk and talkand talk to a table the entire time they're hereabout himself.

Joe feels that this is his houseand these are his dining guests and they want to hearall about him.

Which,there's nothing worse, when you're tryingto eat dinner.

And then, we're toldto give him a minute, when it's our table,we're trying to service them, and trying to do what we--our job-- and then we get yelled atand ridiculed in front of them.

Wow.

<i>He yelled at me, saying,</i> "when I am with a table,we are in a meeting.

" <i>Seriously?</i> Rebecca, what's he holdinga meeting over? - What's he talking about?- Himself.

- Himself.

- Himself.

- Himself? <i>How do youget through to Joe?</i> How do you get the messageacross to him? We don't.

We get told what to do.

We have meetingsall the time, <i>but it's usually him</i> telling uswhat we've done wrong.

Right.

Correcting us to whatwe should and shouldn't do.

We've all been ridiculed,we've all been belittled, we've all been screamed atand cussed at, and we're doingeverything wrong.

It's hard.

It's hard.

'Cause we want to seethis restaurant succeed.

But there's just times whenyou can't take it-- the stress.

I mean-- How many of you havethought about quitting at any one time? All I ever want to tell Joeis just to back off, not to ridiculeevery single thing.

We're a lot more productiveif we don't have <i>all the extra chaos.

</i> <i>And stop blaming us</i> for his inadequacies.

You screwed it up.

Quit yelling at me.

<i>Joe doesn't want totake responsibility for himself.

</i> My dad wanted tochoke Joe out, <i>due to the way</i><i>he was talking.

</i> <i>Yeah.

</i> He needs to back off.

Oh, my God.

In order toget through to Joe.

We've all been screamed atand cussed at.

Wow.

Chef Ramsayhas asked the staff to talk about some of theproblems at Mill Street Bistro.

My dad wantedto choke Joe out.

What? <i>Due to the way</i><i>he was talking to me.

</i> And most of thempoint the finger at the owner.

He needs to back off.

<i>Oh, my God.

</i> Well, I do havea confession to make.

Joe has been listening.

I hopethat he takes it well.

<i>I hope</i><i>he understands</i> the negativity he's broughton your shoulders.

<i>I'll be back</i><i>in a second.

</i> Don't move.

- Here we go.

- Oh, God.

I'm scared.

Well, gotta go finda new job.

Follow me.

<i>Guys.

</i> I was sitting upstairs,listening, and I gotta say that what has happened here,ultimately, is my responsibilityand my fault.

I don't thinkthat I'm a bad person in heart, but I'm tough.

Maybe a little bittoo tough for this business.

I need to soften up.

<i>We've got a lot of work,</i> a lot of thingsneed to change, and if that meansthat I need to change and we need to change,and we all need to change, we're gonna do it.

Joe immediately wentto, "we need to change.

" He cannot take responsibilityfor his own actions.

This is not gonna work unless youare 100% behind changing, <i>because everything</i><i>that this restaurant</i> <i>stands for today is you,</i> and it's being propped upby your team.

Are you 100% committedto change? I'm 100% committedto change whatever needsto be changed to make this restaurantfind its potential.

Then, so am I.

Okay? Do I think thathe took it all in? No.

Do I thinkthat he's gonna change? No.

Do I think thisis even gonna help at all? No.

One second.

With Joe nowseemingly ready to change, Chef Ramsay is readyto illustrate how Joe's overpriced menu is alienating the localsin the small town.

One of the things I've heardover and over again is that your placeis not inviting enough for your average local.

Too pretentiousand too expensive.

It's way outof their comfort zone.

If a young couple wantto come in here to eat, they're gonna walk out of here,spending, minimum, $100.

That is a lot of money,yeah? - Yes.

- It is.

A lot of money.

They could spend $100 here and put itin that cash register, or they could go to a localgrocery store and get this.

Let's just have a look here.

Mmm! Delicious rib eye.

Choice.

Amazing corn.

Wow.

Fresh tomatoes, yeah? And some salad,some cheddar.

Pork chops, potatoes.

Ooh, some ground.

I mean, that's a lotof food, right? That all came to.

$89.

73.

Oh, sorry.

Look.

A bottle of wine as well.

That's what I spentmy last $11 on.

Just a little bottleof wine.

What I'm trying to say is,for $89.

73, they've got, minimum,five good evenings in, with some bloody good food.

That's whatyou're going up against.

Why would you come out? That'sa very good question.

Joe, peopletoday want value, and when you pitch that you'rethe most expensive restaurant, nobody can touch you, you've already shot yourselfin the foot.

Agreed.

We're expensive.

We're too expensive.

Chef's correct.

It was a point well taken, and I'm alwayswilling to learn more.

Time to move forward, and I mean move forwardin a big way.

We're gonna cooksome specials that's gonna goon tonight's menu, and it's a small stepin the right direction, okay? Um, when was the last timeyou had a burger on the menu? - We've never.

- Never.

- And it's a bistro, yeah?- Yeah.

Why would you not havea burger on the regular menu? Chef, when I didtalk to the staff, they didn't wanta $10 burger.

They don'twant to sell it.

- Not the staff.

- Right, but the-- - Customers.

- Right.

So the staff didn'twant to sell a $10 burger.

Right, they feltthat, like-- - Is this BS?- No, no.

- Come with me.

- Okay.

- You, cook my burgers.

- Gotcha.

Uh, where's the team? Uh, right, I asked Joe, <i>"when was the last time we</i><i>had a burger on the menu?"</i> <i>He said,</i> "the staff don't wantto sell a $10 burger.

" Is that right? <i>- No.

</i><i>- No.

</i> - You're not anti-selling a burger?- No.

Every time I smell BS,I'm gonna go for you.

- Let's go.

- Can I interject something? I'm busy.

After that,toast the buns, yeah? - Yep.

<i>- Nice.

</i> What's that?What's that fish? - Uh, it looks like walleye.

- Exactly that.

Congratulations.

By the way, it's fresh.

- We-- we serve fresh walleye.

- Uh-huh.

So when you knewI was coming here, you gave me a trio of frozen fish of the day.

Why wouldn't you get me the freshest localnumber one fish? You're-- you're right, Chef.

<i>This is local</i><i>to the area.

</i> We should serve it more.

Local to the area, it's the number one,readily available fish.

I hate to say it, but Chef Ramsayis correct.

With the walleye,I want to serve your little corn cake.

Cheerful, right?Easy to do, yeah? Green beans, seasonedwith some fresh chives.

They're gonna add a littlebit of freshness to it.

And ifyou're gonna use herbs, then cookwith the herbs.

Don't garnishwith the herbs.

- Don't garnish?- No.

Cook with them.

We're a bistro.

Unintimidating, exciting food served at cheap prices withsome real good flavor, right? That's the secretof a bistro.

The burgers.

How to present a burger.

We start offwith a strong base, some lettuceto protect the bun.

That's it.

From there,caramelized onions, so it's a rich,roasted onion with agedbalsamic vinegar.

I'll have the burgers,please.

Cook, down, please.

Thank you.

Nice.

Protect and protect.

From there,a touch more lettuce, and then I've got a sort ofThousand Island special sauce - to give it that sort of zesty--- Mm-hmm.

Yeah? Hot,next to the cheese, yeah? Toasted bun.

I can look at my burgerand identify what I'm eating.

- See what I mean?- Yes.

Through there, and a nice handful of frieshold the burger.

Two specials.

Let's go.

So tonight's specials.

Local, fresh,delicious walleye, and then we havea classic burger.

- Dig in.

- It looks awesome, Chef.

<i>How appetizingdo those burgers look?</i> Delicious.

I'm not big on burgers, but I'm gonna give himhis accolades.

That wasa very good example of how we needto recreate the bistro.

Oh, my goodness.

Is that not amazing? Coming up.

- Joe.

<i>- What do you want me to do?</i> You want me to stop? Just when you thoughtJoe had turned the corner.

Joe is just completelyshutting down.

He goes rightback to his old ways.

- Wake up!- You wake up! And he is determinedto go toe-to-toe with Chef Ramsay.

We don't have it.

Oh, here we go.

It's the fight of the year.

Are you that stupid!?.

Coming upon <i>Kitchen Nightmares.

</i> Come in hereand help me instead of runningyour jaw! Chef Ramsay isusing tonight's dinner service to testthe new specials.

He is hoping to confirmwhat he believes is the new directionfor Mill Street Bistro.

Nice.

Nice, nice, nice.

Psst.

You're allowed to talk.

Good evening.

How are we doing tonight? I will take youto your table.

<i>I'd like tointroduce tonight's specials.

</i> We have the burger,and we also have our walleye.

Okay, here we go.

All right, so we've gota bistro burger, medium well, and a catchand another bistro, medium.

You got that? Got the onions andeverything on there? What's that? Are the onionson the bottom? <i>This goes</i><i>on top of that.

</i> - Lettuce, onions, burger, lettuce, sauce.

- Pardon me? Lettuce, onions, burger,lettuce, sauce, bun top.

<i>A touch of sauce.

</i> Pardon? Lettuce, onions, burger,lettuce, sauce.

Can you just reiteratehow to build this with me? Uh-huh, yeah.

Can you show me againone more time? Yep.

Absolutely,definitely.

Here, first, lettuce.

That's it, on the bottom.

Wait.

Onion jam, remember?A touch of onion jam on there.

Burger on top.

Okay.

That's it.

Lettuce and sauce.

What table number? Uh, this is gonna be 24.

Whoa, watch-- watch outfor the tray.

Watch.

With Chef Ramsay's guidance, the kitchen managesto get the burgers and other entrees readyfor the customers.

You bothhad the walleye.

- It's really good.

- I really like this.

Next after that, Joe,what is it? Go.

<i>What ticket is that?</i><i>Burger?</i> <i>Walleye.

</i><i>Where's that going?</i> - That is table 50.

- 50.

Thank you.

Who's 50, please? Wait.

My appetizerhasn't gone out yet.

<i>Oh, you're kidding me.

</i> Oh, come on, guys.

My entrees were up beforemy appetizer was up 'cause Joe stabbed the ticketwithout serving my appetizers.

Joe, two seconds,please.

Joe.

Joe, what are we doing? Why do we sell that, then,if we haven't sent the app-- look at-- Joe, please.

Joe.

Joe, I'm talking to you.

Joe.

No answer.

Nobody's talking.

No one's saying anything.

I'm hoping one of theseare mine, for 53.

What are we waiting on,that table, Amy? Uh, this fish is notgoing with this.

This-- none of these fishesare going with this ticket.

Guys, none of these fishesare going <i>with the ticket</i><i>you just sent.

</i> There is justabsolutely no communication coming outof that kitchen, and Joe is just completelyshutting down.

- Joe.

<i>- What do you want me to do?</i> You want me to stopover here or-- No, no, not stop,but talk.

I'd like you to step upand man up a little bit.

We're going to man up.

We're trying to get this out.

This fish here,what's it for? It is for this table.

Tommy's doing the saute.

- Talk to them, then.

- He's doing the saute right here.

- Talk to your staff.

- You talk to me.

Where's the ticketfor this? You stick a fucking signup there saying "quiet," don't say anything.

- Where's the ticket for this?- Help your servers! I just gave the serversa ticket.

- So this, here?- To that table, correct.

- Can we complete this table, then?<i>- Yeah.

</i> - He's on that side.

- Help him, then! I'm helping him.

I've got the other burger.

You're not!You're screwing him! All right.

The kitchen is chaoticwhen Joe is in it.

Tom can't work.

Nobody can work.

It's just insane.

<i>This is carnage.

</i> It is.

We haven't got ourentrees yet.

How long havethose young guests been waiting for a burger? The order went inright around 6:00.

- An hour and a half.

- Uh-huh.

Burgers.

You gotone, two, three-- Joe, can we tryto save this? Four.

Can we bounce back?Please, Joe.

We're just waiting on-- what-- what-- what doyou need over here? We need an elk quesadilla.

That's really what I need.

Okay, why don't you finishwhat you were doing? - I'm doing the top, yeah.

- Okay, I'll do the quesadilla.

Hey, want to seehow we make this crap? I haven't gotthe appetite, Joe.

I know, 'cause you wouldn'tcome over here and say, you know, "don't get itthat crispy," or "don't do thatwith it.

" I mean,that's what we're-- What the fuckare you on? - What the fuck are you on?You-- you-- you-- I won't come over thereand say, "get that a bit crispy"? An elk quesadilla, you want confirmation thatit's a fucking good dish? When are you gonna pullyour head out of your fucking ass? A man that stands there andboasts about his fucking farm and his goats, and you want meto talk about this? Seriously,wake up, Joe.

You are joking,aren't you? Are we making these too-- arethese-- you know what I'm saying? I know you don't likethe dish.

It's disgusting, Joe.

So you wouldn't give meany input on it.

Get rid of it! You want me to get rid of itright fucking now? I would! I would! Get rid of the fucking thing.

We don't have it.

- Oh, here we go.

- No, we don't have it.

Here we go.

- We don't have it.

- Here we fucking go.

Make yourself clear.

Stop askingsuch ridiculous questions.

"Come over hereand tell me it's crispy!" Are you that stupid!? So don't fucking servethe thing, right? Whose restaurant is it!? It's my restaurant,and I'm asking for fucking help.

Then actfucking responsible! - I'm asking for fucking help!- Then wake up! - You wake up!- Idiot! Fucking come in hereand help me, instead of runningyour jaw! It's dinner serviceat Mill Street Bistro.

You want me to get rid of itright fucking now? I would! I would! And Joe is once again picking a fightwith Chef Ramsay.

Get rid of the fucking thing.

We don't have it.

And a frustratedChef Ramsay is ready to explode.

Stop asking suchridiculous questions! Are you that stupid!? So don't fucking servethe thing, right? Whose restaurant is it!? It's my restaurant, and I'masking for fucking help.

Then actfucking responsible! - I'm asking for fucking help!- Then wake up! - You wake up!- Idiot! Fucking come in hereand help me, instead of runningyour jaw.

You shouldn't evenbe in the kitchen! - Get out!- Just go ahead! Go ahead! - You put it all together!- Let's finish it.

Fucking back off, then! You fucking back off.

Yeah, and takethat shit with you! That's right.

We're stompingan elk quesadilla! - Breaking news in Mexico!<i>- That's all I'm asking!</i> Get out! Now we got ridof the fucking problem.

Unbelievable.

Un-fucking-real.

So this is the worst food inOhio, I guess he's telling us.

This guy has got his headup his ass.

He's sayingthat I'm a fraud and that my ani-- my--my elk is terrible.

Nobody likes it.

And he knows everythingabout any food <i>on the planet.

</i> But he doesn't havean elk farm, okay? There's a difference betweenpassion and fucking arrogance, and he's got a doubledose of fucking arrogance.

With Joe out of the kitchen, Chef Ramsayand Sous Chef Tom complete the remaining dishesin a timely manner.

Let's finishstrong, shall we? Yes.

Yes.

I just need tofinish that off, and I'm done.

- Tips ready?- Tips will be one minute away.

- Next to that, what have we got?- That should be it.

Order up, please.

- Thank you.

- We appreciate it.

You're welcome.

We were face-to-face.

I said, "you're nothingbut a fucking narc-- narcissisticfucking asshole.

" I said, "you got 750 chefsthat do your thinking.

" I said, "you need 'em because you're so fullof yourself.

" I said, "I'd loveto see you, you know, fucking do what I do.

" Chef Ramsaydoesn't have the balls, the power, or the authorityto kick me out of my kitchen.

You would have to rollyour tape back 'cause he didn't kick meout of my kitchen.

Get out! I walked out.

<i>Joe, have yougot two seconds, please?</i> <i>Okay.

</i> Wow.

Joe, you are makingmy life a misery.

I've been in hundreds, and I mean, hundredsof kitchens across this country.

Chef, can I interjectone thing? Tommy-- he prepareda lot of those items, - and I'm not blaming him--- Joe.

- Joe.

- But I should have stopped him.

Stop lookingfor a way out, to justify-- I'm not-- I'm not-- I'm notlooking for a way out.

Stop.

I'm not gonna argue, Joe.

<i>I'm not going back there.

</i><i>Enough is enough.

</i> You are running the businessinto the ground, <i>and I'm gonna tell you</i><i>something really important,</i> and I want you to listen.

You cannot bein that kitchen.

<i>It's done.

</i><i>Apron off.

</i> I don't want any chef's jacketanywhere near your chest.

- Got it?- Yes.

Okay.

I was angry, but as it sunk in, I realizedit's not about me.

It's about taking the restaurantto its potential.

I want to man up to this,and I want to correct it.

- I'm gonna get help.

- Okay, sure.

- I'll see you in the morning.

- Thank you.

- Come in with a smile.

- I will.

Good night.

Refusing to giveup on Joe and the restaurant, Chef Ramsay stays up late, designing a new menufor the Mill Street Bistro.

Now, he's readyto unveil it.

Welcome.

Come in, come in,come in, come in.

- Wow.

<i>- Oh, my God.

</i> - What? - Wow.

<i>- It looks so good.

</i> Joe, you already hada stunning restaurant.

The big revamp was this--bistro cooking.

It just looks wonderful.

It looks right.

<i>This is impressive.

</i> Take a copyof the menu.

- Yay.

<i>- Yeah?</i> - Oh.

- Perfect.

<i>Starting off witha crispy duck leg confit.

</i> <i>Light, fragrant,</i><i>served with pear butter,</i> <i>frisee, bacon,</i><i>and a sharp vinaigrette.

</i> Next to that, a brick chicken confit,pee-wee potatoes, <i>black kale, and a really nice,</i><i>fragrant thyme jus.

</i> <i>Seasonal fish.

</i> <i>You may get the perch,</i><i>the whiting, walleye,</i> with a simple, delicious,red wine vinaigrette.

A local dishthat is in demand-- <i>Mill Street burger,</i><i>a big hit last night.

</i> <i>Substantial,</i><i>full of flavor.

</i> Mm-hmm.

And from a classic burgerto an elk sausage burger.

<i>Slightly gamey,</i><i>a little bit more lean.

</i> <i>Next to that,</i> Joe, especially for you, <i>a beautifully cooked</i><i>elk chili--</i> a really delicious wayof highlighting the flavor and that little touchof gaminess.

It's differentfrom what I was doing.

But you'll sell more elkdoing a chili and a burger than you would do all yearserving loins, serving chops.

Correct.

I agree with that.

It looks appetizing.

It does not look pretentious,that we had.

I am speechless.

I am so proud to have thisand not even have served it yet.

I'm in-- incredibly proud.

Good.

There's somethingI need to tell you all.

I came to the consensuswith Joe, <i>there's no way on Earth,</i> from this day on, that he can continueto be in that kitchen.

I agree.

It's the reality.

I'm not a certified chef,and we need a true chef.

<i>I came up with one</i> very talented young man that's gonna make a huge impacton your kitchen and really help kick-startthis business off.

He's the partnerand the executive chef at one of the best restaurantsin Cleveland, the Greenhouse Tavern.

- Oh, my.

<i>- I love it there.

</i> You love it there? I do.

Say good morningto Brian Goodman.

<i>Chef.

</i> - Ooh!- Nice! The secret of success-- if you can put itin a nutshell, what would it be? The secret to success,truthfully, <i>is local,</i><i>fresh ingredients.

</i> And it's all about havingthat knowledge in your head.

Like, be confidentwith what you're doing <i>'cause that's what</i><i>we're gonna be</i> <i>in the kitchen tonight--</i><i>confident.

</i> Now, he's gonnaset up your kitchen, he's gonna short-listand interview to getting a chef hereonce he's gone.

You have a real chefthat knows what he's doing.

There's no better.

Brian, we're reallygonna look forward to your direction.

- Good.

- Good.

<i>- All right.

</i><i>- Anyone hungry?</i> - Yes.

<i>- Yeah? We're gonna dig in.

</i> Oh, wow.

That is really good.

It tastes great.

This is a very good wayto utilize goat cheese.

The food is amazing.

Now it's not justJoe's food, but it's a food thateverybody can relate with.

I think that we are gonna goabove and beyond if Joe keeps his buttwhere it's at.

That is really good.

I'm impressed with the foodthat I just tasted.

We have French fries.

- It's awesome.

- That is awesome.

Who would have thought? Coming up.

Ay-yi-yi.

All eyes are on Joe.

Are you ready to go? Will he be an asset.

We're talking about me--Joe Nagy.

Or a liabilityon re-launch night? Sir, where are yougoing with that? Oh, my God.

Armed withthe new targeted menu and a new consulting chef.

Does it matter which waythese go, Amy? - Fat to the right.

- Fat to the right.

- Fat to the right.

- I like that.

Joe and his staffprepare for re-launch.

- You ready to go?- Yeah.

Meanwhile.

Chef Ramsay isspending some time with the local communityin Norwalk.

He is there to supportthe Relay For Life walk.

Ladies and gentlemen,good morning.

Good morning! <i>I'm in town, workingon</i> Kitchen Nightmares at the local bistro,and on behalf of Joe Nagy, <i>we're gonna make</i><i>a donation this morning</i> to the American Cancer Societyto support this Relay For Life.

All of us hereare connected in some way to this dreadful disease, <i>and we need to continue</i><i>to fight,</i> to eradicate cancerglobally.

In addition, ChefRamsay invites the participants to tonight's re-launchat Mill Street Bistro.

Excellent.

<i>Shall we have alittle meeting with the team?</i> - Sure.

<i>- Yeah? Come over.

</i> Okay, big one tonight,let me tell you.

<i>We've got to nail this</i><i>absolutely 100%.

</i> Be vocal, okay? <i>Brian's gonna be vocal.

</i> <i>Talk to him, communicate.

</i> It's very important,when you guys come back there, do not be afraidto tell me, you know, what you're missingor what you need.

It's communication.

That's all.

Our owner is thereto support everybody <i>and to do</i><i>whatever they want.

</i> Whatever you need,ask him.

If you need something,if you're in the weeds, verbalize it to me, and Iwill get it taken care of.

Good luck.

- Thank you.

<i>- Yeah? Let's go.

</i> <i>Hi.

How are you</i><i>this evening?</i> <i>- This way.

</i><i>- What can I get for you?</i> - I'd like the French onion soup.

- All right.

I'm gonna dothe seasonal fish, please.

I will bring thatright out.

All right.

You're welcome.

Here we go.

One fritter, onebeef, one duck, and a poutine! Going in to melt.

<i>We're going on aSloppy Joe and a chicken.

</i> <i>Fired.

</i> <i>Ah, the food's looking amazing.

</i> <i>Thank you, Chef.

</i> Keep it going.

So fritter, bean salad,two poutine! - Two poutine!<i>- Bean salad!</i> Brian's taking control.

He calls out the orders,and we call the orders back, and it's totally differentfrom what we were doing.

Night and day.

Where is this going? We are going to table 33with all this, guys.

With Chef Brianrunning the kitchen.

- Table 12 here.

- Thank you.

Food makes its way outto the dining room quickly.

Aha.

We have some food.

Just going.

This is very good.

It's, like, perfect.

And as the guestsenjoy the brand-new food.

Do you needanything from me? Not at this momentin time.

The servers areenjoying a brand-new Joe.

Let me take that.

I'll fill--I'll go do the waters for you.

I know what you needwith water.

It is very nice to see Joedoing something productive.

If there's any winesthat you can't do, especially the house sellers,let me do those.

I'm not sure if it's because he doesn't wantto get yelled at anymore, how he doesn'twant to be told he's doing anything wrong, but right now, he is--he's being great.

Joe, how does it feelto hear a kitchen communicate like that? How does thatmake you feel? It makes me feel proud.

- So keep it going, yeah?- Okay.

Come on.

What have we got herein the window that needs to go? Fish and a pot pieto 21, sir.

I'll take these two outright now.

We're a little bit earlywith your food.

Oh.

Okay.

Enjoy.

Do you have a 21up there, Brian? 21? It already ran.

I sent it with Joe.

Wait.

Wait, wait, wait.

- What's up?- They don't have their food.

21.

- Joe.

- Yes? When you took outthat pot pie and the walleye, where'd you take it to? - 21.

- No, you didn't.

They don't havetheir food.

<i>Let's check, let's check.

</i> 21 is the one that wasright by the fireplace.

That's 21.

For him to mess up was kind of entertaining.

I think we have thisbackwards.

Because, you know,he screams and yells at us for makingthese small, little mistakes.

Well, he took a wrong tablethe wrong food.

Whoa, uh, sir,where are you going with that? This wentto the wrong place.

- Okay.

- Okay.

For a moment.

Did it actually siton the table, physically? For-- for-- yes.

So the person saw--somebody saw this fish? No.

No.

Not thecustomer that is getting it.

- But did it sit in front of anyone?- Yes.

Okay, we're gonna needto drop a new fish, for sure.

<i>Oh, my God.

</i> Who dropped it off atthat table in the first place? I brought it there.

The only timefood comes back is when you serve foodto the wrong table.

It's the onlymistake tonight.

So, Chef,we're gonna do a new fish.

Thank you.

It will be upin moments.

That was a very good exampleof me getting in the way, and I have to be awareof that, because I am a hard worker, but I just need to worka little bit smarter.

Service, please.

- Okay, Brian.

- All right, here we go.

<i>21.

</i><i>This is the bass here.

</i> - And then this is complimentsfor the mistake.

- Very good.

I brought youa complimentary poutine.

- Thank you.

- Thank you.

<i>This is thebass and the pot pie.

</i> - Thank you.

- Okay? All right.

What dowe think so far? <i>- Oh, my God.

- Phenomenal.

</i><i>- It's incredible.

</i> I could justeat this all day.

I think the Mill Street Bistrofinally has a chance to make it.

Oh, that's got nice taste.

Oh! I need a pot pie and a New Yorkon my final ticket! But Joe needs to understandthat he needs to change, or the restaurant'snot gonna run.

Thanks again.

Appreciate your business.

<i>Right, first off,Joe, if there's one night</i> I didn't want youto send anything to the wrong table,it was tonight.

<i>However, we recovered,</i><i>and we bounced back.

</i> What an amazing atmospherein this restaurant tonight, yes? - Yes.

- Yes.

That's what a good neighborhoodbistro should sound like seven nights a week.

It was fun.

Joe, you have a stunningrestaurant, a stunning team.

<i>Let them do it.

</i> Yes, it's been a hard weekfor all of you <i>because you have</i> a very,very stubborn owner here, right? - Yes.

- You could say that.

And if this restaurantis going to succeed, <i>each and every one of you</i><i>are gonna give me a promise</i> that when Joe startsto step backwards <i>into his old comfort zone,</i> you need to stand up to him,yeah? It was welltaken and understood.

I promise that I won't gointo the kitchen, okay? Stay here one second.

I want to show you something.

Please take one.

Pass them along.

This morning,I took part <i>in the American Cancer Society</i><i>Relay For Life walk.

</i> <i>Yay!</i> <i>And on behalfof Mill Street Bistro,</i> I made a donation <i>to this fabulous charity.

</i> <i>Unknown to you,</i><i>those locals</i> that were at that eventthis morning-- <i>supporters,</i><i>survivors of cancer,</i> those were your dinerstonight.

<i>And I'm sorry for not</i><i>telling you before service.

</i> <i>I didn't want anyone to think</i><i>of it as a doom and gloom.

</i> <i>I wanted the vibrance.

</i> <i>No one was looking</i><i>for sympathy.

</i> <i>They were looking</i><i>for a great time,</i> and you deliveredbrilliantly well.

<i>I'm really proud.

</i> Thank you, all of you,for a great evening.

<i>Would you mind if I have</i><i>30 seconds with Joe, please?</i> <i>Thank you.

</i> Right.

Ay-yi-yi.

I really meantwhat I said to your staff.

You startcutting corners, going back toyour old ways, honestly,it's gonna fail.

You delivered.

- Well.

- It was rough.

It's over to you.

It didn't have to bethat rough, let me tell you, 'cause you'reone stubborn man.

Well, it didn't have to be,but you gotta remember, we're talking about me--Joe Nagy.

- Okay, I can't wait to come back.

- Good.

And the last place I wantto see you is in the kitchen.

- Understood.

- Good.

- Thanks, Chef.

- Man, you're hard work.

That's whatyou signed up for.

- Good night.

- Good night.

Say bye to Skinnyfor me.

I will.

I listened to Chef Ramsay,hard as it was, and this is all wonderful,but the reality is, we don't havea crystal ball.

Who knows what the future holdsat the Mill Street Bistro? Joe Nagy has given mea nagging headache.

This has to be one of the most frustrating<i>Kitchen Nightmares</i> ever.

And we made a lotof improvements this week, but I still have my doubtsabout Joe.

Can he really step upand embrace change, or is it just all talkand.

Oh, boy,can that man talk.

and talk and talk.

and talk.

and talk and talk.

In the months that followed.

Good to see you again.

Joe has kept themajority of Chef Ramsay's menu.

I am actually going to dothe buffalo Sloppy Joes.

And business has been steady.

- Mmm.

- I love it.

There have beensome staffing changes.

Jen, Kaleigh, Tommy,and Rebecca are gone, but Amy, Bill, and Mikeremain at the restaurant.

I'm gonna turn this downa way bunch.

There is one promisethat has already been broken.

These are done.

Joe is back as head chef.

That's--that's how we do it, man.

And the futureof Mill Street Bistro is questionable.

Sync and corrections by n17t01www.

Addic7ed.

Com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Kitchen © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger Shared by Themes24x7
Top