[music playing] HOST: The kitchen isthe heart of the home.

It's where people gather,where you entertain, and where memories are made.

My big challenge here wasthe shape of the room.

The size was pretty good,but it felt long and narrow.

So I pushed one of the wallsback into the front entry to accommodate a largeisland and managed to make it feel less like a bowling alley.

I also opened up thespace to both living areas, which gaveit better sight lines and overall better flow.

I just wanted everythingto be seamless.

The kitchen is where youwant to invest your money.

That's where you're going to getthe biggest bang for your buck.

And the most importantthing is, you want to get the triangle right.

Easy access from the sinkto the fridge to the stove.

Let's face it.

I started with a greathouse, lots of space, but it was dated andin a really bad way.

I decided to go withstainless steel appliances, and I used white as a backdrop.

I think it ties in nicelyto the open concept.

But even just having thoseclean lines and pops of color, it ties it into theoverall theme in the home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Kitchen © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger Shared by Themes24x7
Top