♪ (French accordion music) ♪ - (FBE) Today, you'll be tryingsome Polish snacks.

- Are we trying Polish snacks? Polish, as in Poland? - Huh, okay.

I don't think I've ever had Polish snacks before.

- I'm always excited to tryfood from different cultures.

- I feel optimistic because they're snacks, so snacks can't be disgusting.

- I'm excited.

I like to try new food, and I'm starving.

- I'm unfamiliar with what Polish snacks will be, so that's why I'm kind of nervous because I have no idea what you guys are about to hand me right now.

- (FBE) Here isyour first Polish snack.

- It looks like chocolate.

We have this.

- It smells like chocolate,but it smells like dank chocolate.

- (happily) It's chocolate! Oh my god! Yes, can I eat this? - It looks like some sort of wafer thing.

(crunching) It's really chocolateyand then once you bite into it, on the inside, it's just super dry.

(crunching) - It's a wafer! (crunching) - Why is it so hard to bite into? (crunching) - That is so good.

It feels like a more natural Kit Kat.

- This seems a little less processed and less sugary.

- I like the Polish people.

This is great.

- (FBE) This is Prince Polo.

It has long been Poland'stop selling candy brand.

It is a chocolate covered waferwith four layers of wafer joined by three layers of chocolate flavored filling.

- I can totally see howthis is one of the top selling products because it's really soft.

And it's easy for everyone to eat.

- I like it.

I'm gonna takeanother bite, okay? (crunching)(giggling) - (FBE) Here isyour next Polish snack.

- This looks a little more interesting.

- It just looks like a giant crackeryou'd feed to a bird.

- It's very seedy.

- It feels sticky too, so there's maybe honey or something on there.

- That's gonna be sweet and savory.

I can already tell.

(crunching) - It kind of tasteslike sunflower seeds.

(crunching) - It tastes like eating cardboard,but in the best way.

- Ow! That's really hard.

It just tastes like oats, like oatmeal in a bar.

- Ugh! Maybe it's just because I don't like nuts like that.

- It doesn't really havea lot of flavor.

It's kind of just like you're eating glazed bird food.

- (FBE) This is sezamki, or sesame snack.

Crunchy and delicious, sesame seeds covered in sweet honey glaze.

- (chuckling) Okay.

There we go.

I like it.

- It's not too sweet, but it's still sweet enough that it fixes your sweet tooth craving.

- I don't taste any honey.

I just taste the sesame seed.

- If you get lost in the woods,and this is your only resort, you can eat it.

- (FBE) Here's your next Polish snack.

- Oh, yep, here's the crazy! - This actually looks very pleasing.

- That looks like some kind of bratwurst, I think they're called.

- This just looks like a sausage link.

(sniffing) Actually, it smell-- (pleasantly) Ooh.

(sniffing) That smells really good.

Never mind, I take that back.

- Now, this seemslike a Polish snack.

(munching) It tastes like a really big Slim Jim.

(munching) - It tastes so good.

(munching) - Yeah, it tastes like beef jerky.

Oh, wait, now it's getting weird.

Ugh! It reminds me of Slim Jimsor something like that.

I hate those.

- Yeah, it's just a giant stick of sausage.

This is really good.

We need to have these here.

- This would be nicewith some sauerkraut and mashed potatoes.

- (FBE) This is kabanos,or kielbasa.

It is a dried sausage or pork snack, and dried kielbasa has the advantage of lasting longer than regular sausage, while it still retains its full flavor.

- Yeah, I feel like this thingcould survive a nuclear blast.

It's a really strong taste.

It hits you.

- It'd be good for campingor something, like when you need food to last.

- It's something I would literally just chill and eat behind a computer or doing homework, just like this.

- I think this isthe best one so far.

This is really good.

You should try it.

- (FBE) Here is your next Polish snack.

- Is this, like, weird milk too? All right, this looks like chocolate.

Oh, it doesn't smell like chocolate.

- So this is like the Poland versionof the sweet bread? - This could either be really good or that dark stuffis something kind of gross.

- It looks like chocolate.

No, that's not chocolate.

- Okay, I know the bread is vanilla, but I don't knowwhat this black stuff is.

- Oh, I can see why it needs milk.

It's really dry.

- It's sweet, but it feels likeit's one of those weird fruits, like a fig.

I like this.

This is totally something that I'd eat at night after dinner as a dessert.

- (FBE) This is makoweic.

It's a poppy seed cake made country-style.

It's a pasty consisting of a roll of sweet yeast spread with a dense, rich bittersweet filling of poppy seed.

It is commonly eatenaround holidays like Christmas and Easter.

- Yeah, country-style, like Polish country? It's growing on me.

It's pretty good.

- It's a little traditional sweet bread thing.

- That's actually really good,poppy seed.

We need to make more snacksout of poppy seed.

- (FBE) Here is your last snack.

- (gasping) Oh, yes.

Honestly, just look at it.

It's chocolate.

It's gonna taste good.

You already know.

- It looks like a Girl Scout cookie.

Do they have Girl Scout cookies out there? - This is also a British food.

I think this is called a Jaffa Cake.

- Oh, what's this on the inside? Oh, what a surprise! - Oh my god, there's jelly inside.

- Oh, that's really good.

I really like that.

You guys are good to me here.

- I swear I had this before.

It was like the Jaffa Cakein the British snack episode.

- That bursts into flavor,and it's a little sour and sweet.

This is like cranberry or something.

- I feel like you could have 30,000 of these and not get full.

This could beanother full course meal.

- (FBE) This is Delicje.

It is sort of the Jaffa Cakeof Poland, available in five different flavors,strawberry, cherry, raspberry, apricot, and orange.

Delicje are Polish delicacy, popularized all over Europe.

The combination of fruit jelly,fluffy biscuit, and fragile dessert chocolate is an indulgent combination.

- It's so good! I agree with the full description.

That's exactly what it is.

- The tartness of the raspberriessurprised me.

It caught me off guard, but I liked it.

- Just because we had this,I want to try every flavor.

It's so good.

- (FBE) So which of these Polish snacks would you recommend people eat? - Oh man, I think I'ddefinitely recommend the Delicje.

- The makoweic.

- The Delicje.

- The pork stick thing.

- Prince Polo is so good.

That was, like, the perfect Kit Kat.

- I recommend Delicje.

- I didn't know what to expect because I just didn't really know about Polish food at all, but I liked all of them.

- Thanks for watching us try Polish snacks here on the React channel.

- Don't forget to subscribe! New shows every week.

- Bye, guys.

- Hello, everyone, Alyssa here,a producer from the React channel.

Thanks so much for watchingthis episode of Polish snacks.

Don't forget to hit that subscribe button and see what country we visit next.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Kitchen © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger Shared by Themes24x7
Top