- Well, hello, everyone, it's Barry here.

Welcome to My Virgin Kitchen.

I hope you are well, you're looking good.

Today, we are testingsome more kitchen gadgets, one of my favourite playlists.

And if you've missedany of the other videos, there's quite a lot now, there's a link to the playlistup here and down below, so maybe watch it after this video.

Just before we get started, as usual, please consider beforeputting a comment down below that some of these elements, they're not elements, are they? Some of these gadgets might be useful for people that have disabilities.

So, without further ado,well let's get going.

So, quite a bit of this video today randomly is gonna need boilingwater to cook certain foods, so we're just gettinga little pan on the go.

Alright, first gadget, boom, is this amazing cookbook.

Not really, it's just a little plug.

If you like cooking, this is my first cookbook thatcame out about 18 months ago, so, little plug.

Link down below if you wanna get it.

And also, my new one is comingout in about two months, so that's exciting, isn't it? But there'll be an announcement on that.

Anyhow, gadget.

First gadget, folks, is anautomatic can or tin opener.

We've got our non-branded,hashtag notspon video tin now.

I think it's spaghetti bolognese, just ripped the labeloff, could be dog food.

And this is possibly the best can opener.

We've had some problems in the past, had ones that weren't that great.

This one potentially shoulddo the whole thing for you.

It needs AA batteries.

Effortless, convenient, and durable.

Touch to start, touch to stop.

50% faster opening cans.

I've got this vision ofa guy with a stopwatch, going go, okay, you're done! No? And that is basically it.

(grunts) The only thing that is standard, you do need to bringsome AA batteries along, so I've got some of those from the remote control on our television, so the kids later be, like,trying to watch TV programmes, go, (imitating child whining).

I'll just leave the football on.

I'm only joking, I don'tget time to watch football.

(sobbing) Oh, another announcement isI've got a studio on the way, so rather than filming inmy kitchen all the time, soon I'm gonna have awhole, man it's huge, and it looks, you're gonna love it, so well look out for that soon.

Anyhow, this is nice.

This looks a bit like a computer mouse.

One touch, one time, one time.

One touch culinary can opener, it's got a big start stop thing on it, I wanna press, and thatis basically about it.

There's your little can openy thing.

My water's starting to boil, that's good.

And we just pop that open, yes.

Oh, I'm just hoping I don'taccidentally turn it on and like chew up my finger.

There we go, it's on.

So, hopefully, if I press this button (loud whirring) Oh, I think it just stops on its own.

That's cool, 'cause then, really, itis handless, motionless.

So, put it on the can like that.

(whirring) Ah, there we go, sorry.

(whirring) (laughing) Oh! The lid's off.

Stop! It worked.

(laughing) I've gotta be honest, itdidn't fit on there snugly.

I don't know how I'vemanaged to turn it off there, it's very weird like that, but look it has taken thelid off really neatly.

So for some people thatstruggle to open tins, that is phenomenally good.

I really like that.

This next one is more of a novelty.

I went shopping withMrs.

Barry the other day, and we saw this thing, it was basically bubblesfor your Prosecco.

It makes it shimmer apparently.

It kinda reminds me of bubble tea balls, but for your Prosecco.

I keep my shape andflavour until you burst me.

My shimmer will makeyour drink look magical.

If your Prosecco is superfizzy, I will float to the top.

My shell is made from seaweed extract, and I am suitable for vegans and celiacs.

It's kinda like a dating website.

Hi, I'm kinda suitable forvegans, I am made from seaweed, and all that stuff.

Okay, some sort of tube, and there it is, Pop a Ball.

Pop a Ball.

Other brands are available.

I'm not paid for any ofthis, by the way, folks.

Other than the advert before this video, which of course you watched.

Please? Ooh, there we go.

I've opened it up like that, looks a little bit like chunky caviar.

(tongue clicking) Very strong.

Felt like I needed a better glass.

(grunts) (cork popping)Woo! Wow! Must say, I don't mind alittle bit of Prosecco.

To me it's kinda likethe modern day Babycham.

(tongue clicks)Mm it's one of those drinks that you just enjoy, and then after you've had five or six, you're on the dance floorat someone's wedding making a complete fool of yourself.

True story.

So let's grab our shimmery cherry balls.

Check that out amazing.

In they go.

Woo! Okay we got our fizz.

Nope that hasn't changedthe flavour to cherry.

All of the balls are at the bottom, so we'll have to get to them, won't we? Arg.

It's only nine o'clock in the morning, so you've got to cut me a bit of slack.

So what I'm finding is, I was kinda hoping that theballs would just kind of, as I'm drinking it just go in my mouth, but basically they're just sinking, and are staying right at the bottom, like stones in a fish tank.

But I've reached them now.

I had quite a lot of Prosecco, and life is good.

Mm, mm-hmm.

Ooh, heh heh.

Mm cherry burst explosion,it is just like bubble tea, or kinda like those ballsthat you put in the bath, that kinda texture.

Just poof, I'm hitting cherry all over my mouth.

But it doesn't really kindof merge in with the Prosecco 'cause you kind of drink the Prosecco.

Prosecco, am I drunk? Ooh, maybe.

And then the balls come along afterwards.

Hmm.

Actually I think I'msupposed to use this straw.

That makes way much more sense.

I've just drunk a glassof Prosecco unnecessarily.

Hello guys, how are you doing? You enjoying this so far? Nice.

The water is ready and for this next batch we need some ingredients.

So the first thing is some jasmine rice.

That's going in.

Jasmine rice is kind oflike a nice sticky rice it's gonna be perfectfor the gadget we need.

But to help bring it to life slightly we're gonna use some peas as well.

We're just gonna cook up some peas.

Rice and pea! I also need a cabbage, and Istarted peeling the leaves off going this is quite a bad cabbage.

And obviously it's acauliflower, isn't it? So while that's got 50minutes to cook the rice, I'm gonna turn the heatdown, leave my house and go get some cabbage.

The fresh air has hit me hard since I've just left the house.

I think that Proseccohas really done its job.

Yay, we've got a cabbage.

I've come back to whatsmells like a curry house.

My rice is cooking away.

My peas are like I don'tneed to be cooked this long.

But it's fine, I've got me cabbage.

So we need to justcarefully put some leaves into the boiling water so it'll wilt, probably about three to five minutes.

We still want it alittle bit manoeuvrable.

But as I say, it will make sense! Don't know what's happened to Lizzy while I've been out as well.

She just fainted.

She's had enough.

What's the matter with you mate? Oh, god.

We've got time to do one more innuendo fueled gadget for the moment.

This is the banana guard.

It's freakin' enormous! Look at the size of it.

I've never seen bananas that big before.

But basically, yes, the banana guard.

No more squashed bananas.

Especially designed to fitthe vast majority of bananas.

Multiple small perforationsprevent premature ripening.

Sturdy lock mechanism gives you perfect bananas anytime anywhere.

So basically it's afreaking big ass banana.

Check out that kink! Huh? Check out that kink.

It's like a banana gun.

This thing's, I've neverseen bananas this big before.

Okay open this up.

Wow! All of your banana paradise in one case.

So I have a banana.

Yes, I'll call you back.

I choose you banana.

This is interesting withthe holes in it, isn't it? Because like they said theydon't want to over ripen it.

So you just want it to just be protected.

So it's kinda like, why would you do that? Is it like you're workingin an office where people tramping? Do you like rush withyour bag in the morning on your commute? Does your banana get that pulverised? Maybe you work in a building site and rocks are gonna fall on it.

Protection for your banana.

Banana goes in like so.

Ooh! This one is.

Yeah, to be fair, that is a big ass banana I've got right there.

I'm gonna put this in.

Hopefully not cut anything.

Lock that, lock that.

Ain't fitting! My banana's too big! There's a bit too much girth on that one.

But as always, we wanna make it work.

So let's try a different one.

This one goes in.

Again, quite girthy! Let's tighten it on the small end first.

Yes, there we go, she's in! Locked in.

Boom! So how am I gonna test if it works? Yeah? Yeah.

Okay, it's opened up.

That's defeated the point of it.

Ooh, that's proper in now.

Let's chuck it down the stairs.

Alright dogs, you stay down there.

I've got a banana, alright? Now get out of the way whenthis comes down, alright? Well that didn't work.

Alright, let's give itcredit where it's due.

You're not gonna generally throw this down the stairs are you? You're gonna have it in your bag on the way to work, all that stuff.

And yes it does work.

Don't throw it down the stairs.

You'll be fine.

Protect your banana.

I've taken my rice andpea and cabbage mixture off of the heat.

And so I'll need that in just a moment.

Because of the first gadget issomething called a rice cube.

A lot of you have askedme to look at this thing.

You can model rice intoany shape once it's cooked and cooling down and put it in a glass.

You can make an epic tower.

But this is basically the same way.

And there are some reallycool quirky suggestions there.

I'm gonna see if thisworks, and I might try it on a future video and really pimp it up.

So that's what my rice and peas are for.

Isn't Ice Cube the guy from Deep Blue Sea? (hip hop music) Used to love that song back in the day.

Not the best cooking I've ever done.

So it's kind of like thisreally funky modular thing.

I think it feels like it should more like one of those toy mazes that you get.

And it, yeah.

It helps to make a cube out of rice.

I'm not sure how, looking atthat, that's gonna make a cube, but we'll go with it.

Okay, so although that bit comes apart, it stays generally together,and you lift this bit, and that reveals a square.

So apparently my startingposition has to be (grunts) like that.

And then it says add justenough filling to fill the ♫ Well well, with food.

So we get our cooked rice in here.

Put our rice in.

I might put some peas as well.

There you go, got somepeas in there as well.

Rice and pea, rice and pea! Okay, gotta lift up.

You see it there, like that? Our rice and pea is in there.

We close the top to seal it in.

Keep the top down gentlyand press inwards.

So I use my thumb there, watch.

It's like a magic trick.

Here we go.

(grunts) Come on! I want this to rise.

It wants to rise.

Okay.

Yes, yes we are there.

Little bit of rice residuecoming out the sides.

It's in! So because this riceisn't completely cold yet I'm just gonna leave it for the moment and we'll do a little reveal in a bit.

But we just basically take it out and it should be a cube of rice! I got sent this.

Thank you to whoever sent me this apparatus for wrappingDolma or stuffed cabbage, hence me needing to go get cabbage.

You could also get, is it grape leaves? Something like that.

It's a delicacy in somecountries where you serve something wrapped in the cabbage leaves which we just cooked,because you need them to be a bit more manoeuvrable.

So we're just gonna shove the ♫ Rice and pea in there with this.

Now Dolma, I actually thoughtwas the name of somebody that lives in America way out west.

Hey, Dolma! (spits) Would you mind getting me some chickens on that ranch right there? I kid you not, it actuallycame bent like that.

Look at that packaging.

Amazing! But it's all good.

Thank you so much to all of you that are sending me gadgets.

I have got loads upstairsstill to get through.

I love it when there's no instructions.

(sighs)It's got like a tongue on it.

Look at that, it's a conveyor belt! I've got a super market shelf! That's perfect for my mini food.

I can do a mini super market.

This goes like that.

I'll just show youexactly what I'm gonna do.

This is all the instructions.

Put in the grape orcabbage leaf into the dome.

So we sit it in here.

Let's get it.

'Cause you kinda get a facial with it, because it's nice and hot and steamy, a bit more manoeuvrable, okay? So we place it in like right in there.

Like so.

Put on a sheet or other stuffingand put all two together.

I'm really confused.

This might be a trial run.

So I'm putting that in there.

Part of me thinks I need to wrap this and then we just roll it.

Or my other vision isthat we just roll it.

And when it says put all two together, I'm kinda feeling I need toat least roll in the sides.

So let's just do that.

And then that.

You know so it's kinda gotlike a clean run of it.

And then, we just go like this? Well that didn't work.

(speaking in foreign language) I found a video on it.

- [Phone] Where there are wheels.

Okay, there's my colour yeah eh.

Should you colour it, then stable it-- - If I just push it, it'sjust like moving it along.

That's not working.

I really want this to work.

Do you know what? I think I'm making it too big.

There's actually a divot in it.

The hell is that? (coughs) (laughs) Ooh! I tell you what, that feltso wrong, but so right.

It's actually worked, and I mean, it's not the prettiest looking Dolma, but the rice is in there.

I haven't done that perfectly, so you guys love putting comments on how I've done these wrong.

Let me know down belowthe best way to do that, and I'll re-test it.

Just keep finding randombits of rice on my arms.

So anyhow, speaking of rice, let's see how that square's gotten.

Very much enjoying thehalo present of the pug, Amy in the background.

She's loving it.

Open the top.

Okay, that's optional, orslide back to the start line.

Pull back to start only.

Okay so that's there.

(gasps) Do you see it's moved? Close the lid and pullthe side piece upwards.

Okay so we go down with this.

Okay and then we go up? Upwards? Oh my gosh.

Lift the top.

Oh my, this is amazing! Look at that.

Can you see it? Look! I've got a perfect cube.

Well that's a bit boringthat side isn't it? But look! Cha-ching! ♫ Rice and pea ♫ Rice and pea Amazing! I am gonna eat you.

A bit bland.

But the potential for this is incredible.

I'm gonna do a dedicatedvideo recipe where I just pimp up loads of differentideas using the rice.

But any suggestions you've got for that, for fillings and stuff,let me know down below, and I'll include them.

If you've got a sweet tooth.

Apparently I do say thatwrong, but I don't care.

That's how I say it.

Somebody will be like toof in the comments with an F.

I just, that's how I say it, okay? You know what it is.

You know that I'm not talking about a hat.

A teeth.

Tooth.

This, if you have a sweet tooth, is a mini ice cream sandwich maker.

I've done a food hack onsomething very similar to this using a tub ofKen and Jenny's ice cream, but this makes it easier for you, okay? So we can do different shapes.

It's like a plunger thing.

We need ice cream, which I've got.

We need cookie, which I've got.

So let's do it.

Alright, three in the box.

Ooh, we've got a heart shaped one.

We've got a star andwe've got just a circle.

Circles are boring, let's do a star.

(moaning) (laughs) Halo pug! Ahh! But I need to get in the freezer.

Come on, thanks mate.

Haagen-Dazs Salted Caramelice cream, amazing.

Alright, so we have gotourselves a gorgeous double chocolate chip cookie.

Mm.

We're gonna plunge the cookie, okay? Okay.

Ooh, that's amazing! This is the bit I'm not sure of.

It just says scoop the ice cream.

Yeah, you just scoop it and then I guess the compression will push it all together.

(growls) Scoop it in.

Got a bit excited, sorry.

That's bloomin' nice.

We then stamp again.

So I've run out of area on that cookie, so we'll get another one.

Press it right in the middle.

Okay.

We're in.

Get rid of excess cookie.

So if you can see that at the moment there's a cookie, icecream in a random place and another cookie that'sactually quite wonky.

But if we twist this.

Here we go.

(gasps) Yes, yes, yes, yes! (gasps) Yes! Oh my gosh! Look! It's formed a perfect star ice cream.

Look at that, folks.

I mean I went a bitoverboard on the ice cream, but it's freaking amazing.

(slow sensual music) Stonking.

There we go, folks.

Another kitchen gadget testingvideo done and in the bag.

If you've seen anyquirky ones, get in touch by the myvirginkitchen.

Com contact form.

Alright, my favourite onewas that ice cream sandwich.

So, so good.

Check out the playlistif you want to see more.

(grunts) And I'll see you again next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Kitchen © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger Shared by Themes24x7
Top