- Well hello everyone, it's Barry here.

Welcome to My Virgin Kitchen.

I hope you are well.

You're looking very well today so it's good to see you back.

How are you doing, good? Good? Good, that's good.

Welcome, welcome, welcome, today we are testing some more kitchen gadgets.

This is kitchen gadgettesting number 19, I think? If you've missed any of the other kitchen gadget videos, there's a link up here to a place, and down below.

You guys love it just as much as I do.

We've got some good ones today.

First of all, of course, bear in mind some of these do helppeople with disabilities.

So bear that in mind before leaving a comment down below.

Also there is one that I was gonna review today, the CHEFIN'.

I guess they're trying to be a brand that deals with a lot of gadgets, The Twist and Spout.

♫ Twisting up baby now ♫ Twisting up baby Too much singing? Yes.

The Twist and Spout is basically gonna be a tool to twist, and trim, and core a Brussels Sprout.

Now, I didn't know this.

Well they are quite seasonal, everyone has Brussels sproutsaround Christmas time.

And they trump quite a lot.

People like it when I say trump, for farting, I thinkit's a political thing.

I don't know, I'm English.

But I thought it would change and over time you couldget them all year 'round.

But as it turns out, I just went to three supermarkets, didn'tget any Brussels sprouts.

So we've replaced thatwith a different gadget.

Let's start with a novelty one.

So just before we do get started, "Hello Lizzy, how are you doing?" Good, and Michael in the background there.

Remember if you start watching the early kitchen gadget videos, there were holes there.

You've see the extension progress through the power of gadgetvideos, look at this.

Sorry if I'm knocking the tripod but look, we have sofas and stuff now.

It's nearly, nearly there.

And of course, this wallback there in the kitchen, is gonna be smashed down.

I'm gonna knock over my bin.

Any day now, the blocks out there.

It's gonna be bigger kitchen, amazing.

But I did do a poll the other day.

A lot of you are saying, "Barry please "can you do more gadget videos?" And I was like, "Well maybe i can do "one gadget of the week thing.

" But I put it out on Twitter and people didn't like the idea.

Check out this poll righthere at My Virgin Kitchen.

So let me know, down below,what you think of that.

Or otherwise, I'll carry on and just bunch them all together.

Now as you know, I am a British guy that doesn't like tea.

And there is a reason Ihave tea leaves in my house.

Because I used them ona previous tea gadget, which is quite similarto this novelty one.

The Deep Tea Diver, you see? You see what they did there? I bet it goes down well.

Deep Tea Diver tea infuser.

Infuze a le tea.

Infuse the tea by Fred.

Love it, nice generic name.

Solid, strong name, Fred.

It's basically, oh Iwonder what that does.

It's like a little magnetthing to hold it down.

It's gonna infuse your tea, through the power of deep sea diving.

"Fill the diver with tea leaves "and steep him in the deep.

" It sounds so wrong.

And that is it.

There are no other instructions.

All right so there we go, we have this sort of rubbery plate.

It makes a good eye patch.

And there is the diver.

Very sort of cheap looking.

It could be a little thumb mascot, a finger mascot.

"Hello I'm a diver.

" So that's his feet, I guessyou put the tea in there.

This doesn't feel verystable, to be honest, guys.

On a previous gadget video, we had, hence the tea leaves, the Pug tea infuser.

And that did feel a lot more secure.

I had trust in the Pug, didn't I? Trust your Pug.

This one's a lot moresilicony and the legs have just fallen off it, like that.

And what is that? Is that, is that? Hello, hello.

It's bendy, maybe it's just, it's sort of novelty oxygen thing.

I think that's what it is.

So that sits on there.

According to the diagram, like so.

Anyhow, let's boil the kettle up.

It's just boiling now.

On the subject of kettles,I might be getting a transparent kettle andalso a transparent toaster.

Which I feel is gadget worthy.

You can actually see the toast become toast, from bread.

There's tea everywhere now.

What am I doing? I feel like he needs a name.

Maybe I'm gonna call him Teary, so he's French, right? So normally you put a teaspoon.

So in it goes, into Teary.

There, it's in there, see that? Lush, but now look it's all just, I could have done that neater, to be fair.

All right, gonna push his feet in.

Get them right in there.

Okay, so it is quite agood rubbery seal on there.

It's quite nice, my only concern is I've actually got leaves on the outside.

So they are gonna float in the drink.

I need to clean up a little bit as well.

I feel like Mary Poppins.

Look at the state of you, Teary.

Use this little pastry brush to brush as many of these leavesoff of Teary, as I can.

That's quite cool, I like how I can sort of, like walk him like a dog.

Come on boy, there you go.

(whistles) Okay, so we gonna putthis in there, I guess.

(laughs) My gosh, right.

Hot water, does anyone else ever do that? They boil a kettle and they leave it for like 15, 20 seconds.

And then they feel likethey need to boil it again? Which kind of doesn't make sense, because you end up sort of waiting for it to cool down anyway.

Go on, float, oh wow.

Ah, you didn't get many leaves out of it.

He looks enormous from this angle.

Hey, that's amazing.

He's gone, boom.

Now we just let him infuse.

There's tea coming out of it, can you see? It's pretty cool.

It looks like he's having a bit of a dirt protest though, in his deep sea diving nappy, diaper.

Just while I was infusing, if you haven't checked out the My Virgin Kitchen podcast yet, it's actually number 88.

As I look at this right now, in the whole of the UK in podcasts.

I've only been doing it three weeks.

So check it out, give it a nice little rating, if you don't mind, cheers.

Looking at the box, I'm getting more fun out of just sort ofmaking it bob like that.

He's just dancing, likea mosh pit in a teacup.

Which does sound likea potential song title for a Emo band or something.

To be fair, he is resting a bit more now.

He's having a little bob around.

He's getting his fivemetre swim certificate.

The only thing I hate about tea is that it doesn't taste like how it smells, to me, you know? I will hate this.

♫ Dur, dur, dur, dur, dur I know I'm not gonna need any use of Teary any more, after this video.

So on iTunes, on the podcast, I'm doing a give away for three of those apple gadgets.

My favourite ever gadget.

But I will also, nowadd this to the raffle.

So if you can leave anice review and comment.

And we're gonna pick some winners on the first of June 2017.

If you're watching in2019, you missed the boat.

Doesn't make it taste any nicer.

The Queen looking on in disapproval.

So no joke, I am gonna give that away with the tea stains.

My authentic tea stains in there.

And signed, "I hate tea.

" And I'm signing it with a smiley face.

If you could leave a nice review on the podcast, it could be yours.

If you want it, have I sold it enough? Garlic, for me, is one of those ingredients where you chop it up, I quite like the smell of it.

But then, I feel like, after about an hour you wash your hands, a bit of soap, all that stuff, it's gone.

No, people can still smell it.

You stink, and thenvampires also hate you.

This is the Garlic Pro.

The no touch garlic dicer.

So, amazing, you don't even have to physically touch the garlic.

And you can still get chopped garlic.

I also got an amazing,rotating chopper thing that I use in all my videos now.

This could supersede it.

It's looks a bit mediaevaltype sort of thing.

Easy twist action.

Just drop the garlic in and twist.

But we do need to sheath it.

We do need to get the layer off it.

So we're still gonna smell, probably.

No waste, great forgarlic, nuts and toppings.

All right, we put nuts in it.

Deez nuts.

Twenty stainless steel blades, dishwasher, I feel likethis can be quite dangerous.

I might cut my hand on this.

Amazing, it's also got another gadget I've reviewed before, an Easy Peel.

It's like a silicon chip.

I'll show you it.

Okay, just gonna use a teaspoon.

So that's not smelly yet, but it will be.

Don't tell a lie, itdoes stink, you smell.

Whack it in the tube, like so.

There it is, and in there is your bold, man head style garlic clove.

And you know, it's all falling off.

Oh my gosh, that is sinister.

You do not wanna putyour nose in that folks.

So it's got, like, blades like that with a little circular,but why whoa, whoa, whoa.

And that, the circular bit locks together and I presume, nice.

Get a couple more cloves,you might as well.

Three garlic cloves arein there, here we go.

Put this in.

And then we just, it's got grippers on it.

So we're just gonna go.

Oh, it's sort of, it's not, it's eh.

One of the cloves is getting stuck.

Let's try and help it.

We'll give it a shake.

There is one fat clove stuckright in that corner there.

I can't get it.

Oh, it's wedged right in there, crikey.

Ewww.

Let's have a look.

And see what we think.

Cha-ching.

To be fair, very, verygood chopped garlic.

Now the problem we've gothere is it says no hands.

I understand that.

Teary's brush, that might be, how'd you get it out? That's what I'm thinking.

If you use a spatula, that's not gonna get in all those nooks and crannies.

You're gonna need alittle brush like that.

To flake it all out there.

So it is good, but it'snot as good as this.

Now that, you scrape that off.

That is a good gadget.

This is what replaced theBrussels sprout gadget.

This, I was on the phone to Mrs.

Barry, "They haven't got any Brussels sprouts.

" And she's like, "Don't worry, "I'll get you somethingfrom the gadget box.

" And she did, this is theHandy Kitchen Thingy.

That is the actual name.

You need to be over 25.

Is that even a thing? I thought it had to be 18 plus and that was it, or 21in America, right, 21? But 25, wow? It gives me hope.

Handy Kitchen Thingy, twopiece chop and scoop set.

Two part tool, and theywere chopping and scooping.

Stainless steel bladefeatures measurements for precise food preparation.

Nests together for easy storage.

It's kind of like a dustpan and brush, but for food prep.

So it should be quite a sharpie blade and a scoopy thing.

Could work really well with the garlic that I just did, actually.

Selection of vegetables in that bag.

So, chopping board.

Oh, my God.

Oh wow, yeah.

On the back it has actually got someone stamping a garlic clove.

Let's do that first.

Oh wow, okay, okay, this is sharp.

This is sharp people.

I don't get much timeto watch YouTube videos.

Probably, I know it sounds weird but maybe one or two a week max.

My favourite YouTube is Casey Neistat, ThreadBanger, SORTEDfood, and also the Russian Hacker.

Because you guys told me about him and his videos, when I started doing them.

You've commented and go,"Oh the Russian Hacker "does them as well.

" And to be fair, I think some of you have been saying that I do it in a slightly different way.

So you never know, maybewe could collaborate.

I don't know if, I think he's in America, but I've got a passport,#barryhasapassport.

So there are measurements and stuff on there, in centimetres.

So you can do slice and precise, wow.

That's like a rap.

Slice and precise, measures.

But we ain't gonna do that, all right? We are just gonna, great garlicky video isn't it, so far? Brought to you by Dracula.

So, according to this,garlic clove under there.

Bang, that's how you get dirty hands.

Gonna smell great, later.

And then, I guess, I go.

And then I pour it into something.

So let's see what this does.

Mushrooms, holy schmoley that is sharp.

I know what I'm doing, I'm a pro.

Parsley, it generallyis that loud, I'm sorry.

It's raining parsley.

A chilli, and I'll make sure I do wash my hands before going to toilet, after this video.

Wow, that is so good.

I was a bit crazy with it at first.

But do hold it, boom, stay.

Men, look away now.

Courgette, beautiful.

Celery sticks, which are actually one of those zero calorie foods.

Where you actually burnfat by eating them.

Because the chewing process, you're actually losing weight.

Because it's just mainly water.

With a bit of green in it.

It's very therapeutic, I like this.

It reminds me, actually, of this gadget, the Crinkle Cut.

Do you remember that one folks? Let me just do this, let me just show you.

Crinkle cut courgette.

We are in vegetarian heaven right now.

So last one is a red onion.

Let's try and get a bit precise with it.

Let's try and take off the bum.

All right, let's take off it's hat.

And let's try and sliceit down the middle.

Wow, very, very good.

That's the most stubborn vegetable out of the lot that I've got.

Apparently it does work on ginger, sweet potato, potatoes.

Definitely the softer ingredients.

It just ploughed through that.

The onion, because it's quite wet.

It slipped a little bit there.

So do be careful.

But that is friggin amazing.

And what you're supposed to do is just push it on there.

Look at that, so that would be, I know I've just gone abit crazy and messy here.

But that would make an amazing soup.

Which I probably will endup making with all this.

Because Mrs.

Barry willdivorce me otherwise.

If you'd like to be my future wife please submit applications down below, in the comments box.

And then once you're done, obviously, we wash it up first withthe Michael Jackson sponge.

Still going strong and I think there's some other ones on the way.

So you wash it up.

Imagine this washed up.

And then because of that sharp edge on it, just slot it away like that.

Nice and easy, carry it away.

I like this a lot.

But this next gadget, you're gonna have to bear with me, okay? It's gonna get a little bit messy.

Because over here, this is the wall that's gonna be knocked down.

This is all my kids left over Easter eggs.

It's teasing me, Ireally want to eat them.

But they're eating them all.

But there is a socket that's been removed.

So that's where I would normally get my power from.

So I'm gonna have to run an extension lead from about over there.

Because we are using a gadget, which Mrs.

Barry and I attempted to try and resolve ona food hack video once.

It's called the Dexon Shield.

Silicon splatter and splash shield.

So when you're whippingup cream, cha ching, which I have here.

It tends to splatter everywhere, right? This is a shield where you put your mixer in there, like that, and it stops it from splashing up in your face and getting cream all over your face.

And it's massive, it's like enormous.

I wanna get a small mixing bowl to show you the splatter stuff.

She did it again.

Mrs.

Barry always leaves that on.

If I plugged that in then, then my hands would have been cut off.

Folks, always turn off your mixer.

What I mean is.

(mixer starts) that woulda happened.

So we pour the cream into the bowl.

The long pour, or the short pour.

And when you whip it, yeah, it's starting to splash up over there.

I'm not gonna over do it.

I know you wanna seeme get covered in cream but no, I'm gonna use my guard thing.

Which I think I need to put that for our bowl.

And now that, see, see? Look at that.

She's protected.

And then we can just, (mixer begins) Boom, chica laka.

That is it, and look at that, there's a little bit on there.

This worked, perfect.

Simple gadget, we're onto the finale.

A very popular one.

You guys sent me this a lot.

Massive love to everyone that supported the last kitchen gadget video.

Yes, it was sponsored but I did say if I do a sponsored video,I would let you know.

There's someone that was like, "Oh, you get sent weird gadgets "for free anyway.

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe it.

" We need to support ourselves.

To be able to live, topay bills, and stuff.

That's all it is, we're not millionaires.

You watch this for entertainment.

So hopefully, you enjoyit and that support of me.

But this one's not sponsored at all.

Oh, apart from the sponsor by Pugs.

Helped us pay for the dog food, didn't it? This is a gadget that a lot of you have suggested I get holdof, and indeed I have.

It's arrived just like that, in basically, this bag, nothing else.

No instructions.

Luckily I know how to make pancakes.

It's all good.

The other one I get told about a lot is the butter sprayer.

That, my friends, is very expensive.

So I am waiting for them to either say, "Hey, have a free one.

" Or wait until Christmasand I'll ask for it.

And there's also a butter curler, actually like a ripply butter.

But we won't know about my history with the butter grater, the other one, the former, yeah.

This tool enables you to make multiple pancakes at once.

The batter goes in and Ithink you turn it over.

Not sure which way yet.

I'll have to have a little look.

And we have pancakes,pancake party finish, woohoo.

To make the pancake batter I'm gonna use me splatter guard again.

And I've realised you can just go, straight through there, that's amazing.

We're gonna add some milk, a beaten egg.

♫ Beat it Melted butter, I don'tknow what I'm looking at.

We're gonna give that a little whisk.

(mixer starts) Shabba dabba ding dong.

Salt, sugar, baking powder, plain flour.

(mixer starts) It just needs a littlebit of Vanilla Extract.

(laughs) That's Orange Extract, damn you! Orange pancakes, that'll do.

(mixer begins) Lush, okay, so let'sjust have a little look about how to use this thing.

Okay, it's called the Flipping Fantastic Nonstick Pancake Maker.

Look at that, oh my gosh,they do star shaped ones.

And heart shaped ones.

And circles and squares.

Oh, you can do it for omelettes, as well.

That's quite good.

- [Voiceover] Flipping Fantastic the fast, easy, and fun way to make perfect pancakes, now.

Just lift and flip.

- I've just found about 30 videos of people just absolutely hating this pancake maker.

I don't know if this is gonna work.

- [Voiceover] To make perfect pancakes-- - [Narrator] An R2-D2 Spatula.

- Oh, I'm really not sure about this.

All right, I'm lubricating my pan.

And it only just fits in there.

I have to sort of, liftthese flippery bits evenly.

So it's just snug, see that? Spite it all, we're gonna warm it up a little bit.

Here we go.

I've got another gadget upstairs which would've been perfect for this.

I'll have to show youon one of the next ones.

Our batter is in there.

Of all varying heights andsizes and all that stuff.

Just wanna make sure that pan is down.

I want some even heat, you know? See, when you get the air bubbles coming to the top, that's when you start to know it's getting close.

The one in the middle, obviously, because it's right inthe middle of the flame, is getting there.

So I'm trying to move my pan around, to make it even.

I really wanted this to work.

Oh my gosh, it sort of has.

Come on.

You know what? Compared to some of those other videos I just saw on my phone,I'm gonna take that.

I say, cheeky cheeky.

Lubricating the pan definitely helped.

I can't look to see if these are done.

Will you look for me? Will you look? Can you tell me? Is that all right? Okay, I trust you.

I was gonna get these pancakes ready.

But, I see you boy, hello boy.

Want some pancake? Loving the Michael Jackson slipper in the background as well.

Start with the massive ones.

I've gotta admit, this is not the prettiest pancakes I have ever made.

Incidentally, if you do like my cooking, my new cookbook is out very, very soon.

So keep an eye out for an announcement.

Please support me.

I love you.

Ah, and there it is, on top.

Ahhh, we've got Orange flavoured pancakes, Maple syrup, ah, take it.

Ooo, still recording.

Why'd I put the fork in the pan? New fork, ah, ummm.

That is delicious.

So there we are then folks.

Really hoped you enjoythis latest gadget video.

As I say, don't forget now to check out the rest of the playlist and do get inspired to cook.

That's why I'm called My Virgin Kitchen.

I really want to inspire you guys to get in the kitchen.

Laugh and learn about food, like I do.

Do let me know if you see any quirky gadgets on social media.

Reach out to me.

And of course, if you wanna send any ones that you've got lying around, do get in touch, viamyvirginkitchen.

Com contact form.

Remember to subscribe for later recipes and food fun and I willsee you again next time.

Orange pancakes are the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Kitchen © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger Shared by Themes24x7
Top