Tonight I'm making a very crispy fishand chips dinner.

I'm Tess and I'll show you how to make easy fish and chips anda crispy fish sandwich.

Stay tuned! (intro music) I was at the grocery store and picked up acouple pounds of nice cod fillets.

I cut off the tails and side , saved the middle forsome nice fish fillet sandwiches and I put the cod loins to the side foranother dinner.

I also like using haddock for fish and chips.

Tonight I'm makingsome easy crispy fish and chips AND fish sandwiches.

And you'll be able to findthis recipe, the list of ingredients and much more in the show more section below.

If you have a chance please check it out.

So let's get started.

I'm setting up mydredging station.

I have some flour.

I'm adding in some salt, black pepper andgarlic powder and mixing well.

I have two beaten eggs and finally some pankocrumbs.

This will make the fish nice and crispy.

I also make a beer-battered fishand if you'd like to see that video recipe please leave a comment below.

First coating the fish pieces in the flour mixture and shaking off any excess.

Next into the egg wash and finally coating the fish very well with thepanko crumbs.

Make sure you tamp in the panko crumbsand coat well as this is going to make the fish nice and crispy.

I have my oil heated to almost 350degrees.

I'm using peanut oil but you can use the oil of your choice.

The fish willnot take long to cook , only a couple minutes on each side.

Once done I'm removing and putting on a wire rack to drain off the excess oil.

For the chips I made it easy tonight.

Earlier, I microwaved a couple potatoes.

Theyare still a little firm inside so they don't fall apart.

I left the potatoes completely cool and then sliced into chips.

I'm turning myheat up to 375 degrees.

Again, these chips will not take long to cook.

You just wantto get a nice golden brown crispy exterior.

Once done I'm removing, draining on a paper towel and sprinkling with somesalt.

Okay! It's time to eat! I'm serving thefish and chips tonight simply with a little ketchup and some homemade tartarsauce.

That's all we need.

A little malt vinegar is also good.

For the sandwichesI have a kaiser roll, adding a little tartar sauce, some lettuce and a nicecrispy piece of fish.

Serving with the chips and a side of coleslaw.

It doesn'tget much better than that! I hope you give this easy and delicious homemadefish and chips a try and enjoy.

If you like this crispy fish and chipsrecipe please hit the LIKE and SUBSCRIBE button.

Remember to hit the "BELL" next tothe SUBSCRIBE to make sure that you get my future video recipes.

You can alsofind me on Facebook and in my website.

Feel free to SHARE this recipe and mychannel with your friends and family.

And until next time.

Much Love!.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Kitchen © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger Shared by Themes24x7
Top