YeahI couldn't get desi food You couldn't buy the real thingWas walking to Taj Grocers Tryin' to figure out where the curry wasI saw people doin' things Almost gave up on the rap thingBut we browns all spoiled now More phone, more everythingMust have never had your grades good All that yappin' bout texting baeYou must love paneer, aye with the roti freshly made Free food, free food, ayy! Livin' the nerd life, ayy! Free food, free food, ayy! chole and naan toast'dadding spice that i love most I start my day slowPajama Kurthas when I wake, though oil in my hair, thoughI study 'till perfecto fail school, gotta bounce backcurry food help me bounce back Used to get beat for bad grades in front ofmy parents Five, ten, twenties, fifties, burnt as heckby countin' that Me and Rishi was about thatEatin' Roti and Chapathi flat Air India, no first classcramped apartments, gotta double up eating food with no tasty stuffWe ain’t even have a small car Desi girls live for the moneyI fall asleep on the flat floor I had some different prioritiespapa had all the authority Women I like was ignorin' meNow they like do you like curry I knew the question easilyknew from the smell of their curry My Mama always cookin baturaUsed to serve it with chana my family always craved for chanahated south desi food I always begged on my kneesI make too much these days to miss out on (puri)Where you at desi rap life? Free food free food, aye! Livin' the nerd life, aye! Free food free food, aye! Free food free food, aye! Livin' the nerd life, aye! Free food free food, aye!.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Kitchen © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger Shared by Themes24x7
Top