I'm here with actressJaimie Alexander, who has challenged meto cook off against one of her favorite dishes.

Now, she loves to kickass, as we all know.

And hopefully, she won'tbe kicking mine today.

Are you ready? Yeah.

I mean, you know, as longas you behave yourself.

Texan girl.

Let's go.

Let's go.

Now, tell me,what are you doing? What's the dish? I'm actually makinglike, a vegetarian taco with a little bit ofpolenta as the base.

- Stop it.

- Corn tortillas.

Oh, you stop it.

- Stop it, seriously.

What, did you wantbangers and mash? - No.

- Ugh.

I wanted like, askirt steak or a ribeye.

A ribeye, well-- You don't looklike a vegetarian.

What are you saying? - You enjoy meat.

- I mean-- You eat steak.

I used to, OK? I used to.

You've gone all LA on me.

- Listen.

- Oh, [bleep].

- OK?- OK.

Back in the corner.

So I'm going to do avegetarian taco with the mole.

OK.

Finished with abit of chocolate.

All right, you want to play? We'll play.

Well, you know, Idon't like losing, right? I can tell.

[laughter] Stop distracting me.

I've only cut upone pepper so far.

That's my idea.

tosort of distract you.

Ooh! Punk.

Now, how competitive are you? Because you grew up in aMexican household, right? I did.

Four brothers who areactually tatted on my arm.

What were you drinkingwhen you got the tats done? This.

Cheers.

[laughs] This is how I oil my board.

You know, we use beer in Texas.

We don't use oil.

You drowned my stove in beer.

Listen, I'm ballsto the walls, fool.

I like to do all kinds of stuff.

[music playing] Now, I'm going to doa little slaw with mine.

[fast chopping] Gee-- why are you sogood at what you do? This sucks.

You suck.

I'm never going to win.

- It's all in-- I'm going to sniff a pepperso I have to sneeze on your food and then they can't eat it.

Ha ha.

[rock music] What is that? Why are you-- red wine vinegar.

OK, all right.

Yeah, just to give alittle bit of acidity to the roasted vegetables.

- OK.

That's fine.

[laughter] [rock music] What are you doingwith a rolling pen? I'm trying tobend my tortillas.

Oh, OK.

I'm learning.

This is good.

I'm learning.

Do you love this utensil? I hope not, becauseI lit it on fire.

You're killing me! Side by side, let's go.

Show me.

Oh my god, lookhow fancy yours is.

No, come on.

This is like, Hi, I'm in LA.

This is like, yo, what's up? I'm in Dallas.

To judge the winner, threeof my trusted "F Word" staff, Charity, Kayla, and Whitley,will decide which one of us prepared the better taco.

- Looks awesome.

- I mean, I love cheese.

- This is my kind of taco.

- Yeah.

I'm excited.

Mm.

Mm.

You know it's good foodthat when you like, can't stop smilingas you're chewing.

They're delicious.

[laughter] It's a little oniony for me.

I'm like, still breathing onion.

OK.

Oh, I'm nervous, you guys.

The big question iswhich taco do you prefer? So we talked it over.

And we're going two to one.

- Stop it.

- Yes.

Two to one.

- Two votes to one.

You mean not 3-0? It was a battle.

And it was two to one.

That's Jaimie's taco.

[laughter] Oh! That was crazy.

Yeah right.

- Good work.

I know, yeah.

Thank you guys.

Gordon's going to be alittle depressed for a while.

I think he needs ashoulder to cry on.

Excellent, excellent.

You did it.

You did it, damn.

Oh, I distracted you.

I turned the gason the wrong way.

And she still beat me.

I just can't help it.

I'm not good at losing.

I know.

What are you going to do? Damn.

Cry.

Sounds perfect.

[laughter]- Good job, darling.

You need to workon your timing.

Well done.

Thank you, thankyou, thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Kitchen © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger Shared by Themes24x7
Top